Last Updated: March 12, 2019
Our Commitment to Your Privacy
The websites www.irunsafe.com, www.iracesafe.com and other websites that reference this policy, the RaceSafe runner information program (“RaceSafe”), the RunSafe sports wellness program ("RunSafe") and other services made available from any of our websites or otherwise by SPORTZPEAK are owned and operated by SPORTZPEAK, Inc. ("SPORTZPEAK," "we," "our," or "us"). At SPORTZPEAK, we understand that you value your privacy, and we want to help make your experience with our websites, RaceSafe, RunSafe and other services we may offer (referred to in this policy collectively as our "Services") satisfying and safe. This policy describes our collection of information, including personal information, in connection with our Services, and explains how we use and disclose this information.
"Personal information," as used in this policy, is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as a person's name, address, email address, telephone number, or credit card, as well as health history and other information we collect as described below.
How We Collect Personal Information
We collect personal information in the course of providing our Services to you, including through your voluntary, optional submissions, such as information that you provide to us in order to ask us questions about our Services, at the time of registering for our Services or when you fill out our questionnaire, or through your use of our Services. When you register with us for an account or fill out our questionnaire, we may collect information such as your name, title, home or work address, home or work email address, home or work telephone number, height, weight, health history, and training or dietary information. We may also collect other public and third party information about you to supplement the information we hold such as information about the company where you work. When you pay for certain features of the Services, such as purchasing RunSafe sessions, we may collect information such as your credit card number, expiration date, and CVV or security code number. You may also provide personal information to us in other ways, such as by requesting user support. We may receive personal information from third parties about their users, and may combine this information with other personal information we maintain about you. If we do so, this policy also governs the combined information. For example, if you participate in a RunSafe or other evaluation or training session with use of our Services, the facility providing the session will enter personal information about you into our Services. As another example, if you participate in a race event that makes use of the RaceSafe program, the race event sponsor, medical staff and volunteers and EMS agencies may enter personal and health information about you into our Services.
We use information-gathering tools, such as cookies and web beacons, to collect information as you navigate our Services. Through such tools, we receive and store information about how you use our Services. For example, we receive information that your browser or device sends to our servers whenever you visit our Services. Your browser or device may tell us your internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, computer and connection information such as browser type, version, language and time zone settings, browser plug-in types, operating system, and type of device you are using. Your browser may also tell us information such as the actions you take on our Services, the page that led you to our Services and, if applicable, the search terms you typed into a search engine that led you to our Services.
The information we receive through cookies and similar technologies may be associated with you, depending on the website you are using. In addition, third parties may be able to collect information about your online activities when you use our Services using cookies or other technologies. We use first-party and third-party cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies in accordance with the information and options that may be provided to you when those technologies are used.
We advertise online, including displaying SPORTZPEAK ads across the Internet on websites and in apps. When we advertise online to you, we may collect information through such technologies about which ads are displayed to you, which ads you click on, and the web page where the ad was displayed to you.
For more information about the types of cookies we use and managing cookies, please see Your rights in respect of your Personal Information below.
Choice To Not Provide Personal Information
You can choose not to provide us with your Personal Information, but if you do not provide us with your Personal Information when we request it, we may not be able to provide you with the Services or information about our Services that you desire to receive.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide you Services, including content
- Operate and improve our Services
- Personalize our Services and communications to your likely interests and needs
- Conduct market research about our current and potential customers, their interests, and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns
- Send you information by email about SPORTZPEAK and our Services, new releases, special offers, and similar marketing information
- Contact you via telephone to discuss our Services and related offers with you
- Display personalized ads to you
- Combine information we collect about you with other public or private information sources in order to provide you with communications that may be relevant to you
The information we collect about you may be combined with information from third party sources. For example, your name, email address, phone number, and title may be combined with information about the company you work for that is obtained from professional networking sites and information service providers. Our processing of your Personal Information for marketing purposes outside of a consent requirement in law will be in our legitimate interest. Where required under applicable law, we will obtain your consent to the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from receiving these messages by following the instructions provided in the messages or by emailing the address provided at the end of this policy.
How We Share Personal Information
In the course of providing the Services, we may share your personal information with third party service providers such as hosting infrastructure and payment service providers. We may also provide personal information (including sensitive personal health information) to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of providing our Services, including to facilities for the purpose of providing RunSafe or other training or evaluation sessions, to race event sponsors, medical staff and volunteers and EMS agencies for purposes of race events for which you have registered, and for our other purposes described in this policy. We limit the personal information shared with these third parties to that which is necessary to carry out those functions.
We may also share your Personal Information:
- When we are required or believe we are required to provide information in response to a subpoena, court order, applicable law, government statute, regulation, or other legal process
- When we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary in our legitimate interests to prevent or respond to fraud, defend our Services (including websites) against attacks, or protect the property and security of SPORTZPEAK, or the property and security of our customers and users
- To the extent necessary to meet lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements
- If we merge with or are acquired by another company, we sell a website, app, or business unit, or all or a substantial portion of our assets are acquired by another company, in which case your information may be one of the assets that is transferred, subject to the terms of this policy continuing to apply to any Personal Information that is transferred to that entity or third party
- When you consent to the sharing
If you post any of your information to a public area of our Services, please be aware that it is no longer "personal information" for the purposes of this policy, and we or anyone else may use such information without restriction. If you provide access to personal or other information, including your email address or name, to a limited set of other users through any of our privacy controls or other settings, please understand that SPORTZPEAK has no control over how others may collect, use, or disclose such information.
Information Security and Storage
We understand that the security of your Personal Information is important. We implement reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are completely effective and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of your Personal Information. You transmit information to us at your own risk and authorize third parties with whom you interact, including training facilities, race event medical staff and volunteers and EMS agencies, to transmit information about you to us at your own risk.
If SPORTZPEAK learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. SPORTZPEAK may post a notice through the Services if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to access the Services. SPORTZPEAK may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
Your Personal Information and data files are stored on our servers and the servers of companies we hire to provide services to us. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with the Services, as needed to comply with our legal obligations and legal rights including to prevent fraud or enforce our agreements, and for our internal business reasons such as maintenance of our archive and backup systems for a period after your use of our Services ends. We retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us to develop and improve our Services.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Our Services may contain links to and interoperate with third-party sites and services. Any links to or interoperability with third-party sites or services are provided for your convenience only, and we do not have control over the content or privacy and security practices and policies of such third parties. Any personal information that you provide to any other third party is subject to that third party's privacy practices and policies, not this policy. Similarly, when you sign up to participate in an evaluation, training, race or other third party event or session that makes use of our Services, your information (including sensitive personal health information) will be transferred to the third party and the third party’s privacy practices and policies will apply to your information that is provided to the third party, not this policy. We encourage you to learn about their privacy and security practices and policies before providing them with personal information or signing up to participate in an evaluation, training, race or other third party event or session that makes use of the Services.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
Your Personal Information may be transferred to and stored in the United States, or transferred to other countries where the companies we work with to help us run our business are located. You authorize SPORTZPEAK to transfer your personal information across national borders. Certain of these countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information including, where relevant, data protection laws in Europe. When we transfer your Personal Information, we will take appropriate steps to ensure your privacy rights continue to be protected.
European Union data protection
Residents in the European Union are entitled to certain rights with respect to Personal Information that we hold about them under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Right of access and portability. The right to obtain access to your Personal Information, along with certain related information, and to receive that information in a commonly used format and to have it transferred to another data controller;
- Right to rectification. The right to obtain rectification of your Personal Information without undue delay where that personal information is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure. The right to obtain the erasure of your Personal Information without undue delay in certain circumstances, such as where the Personal Information is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed;
- Right to restriction. The right to obtain the restriction of the processing undertaken by us on your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where the accuracy of the Personal Information is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of that Personal Information; and
- Right to object. The right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Information, and to object to processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes, to the extent it is related to such direct marketing.
You may also have the right to make a GDPR complaint to the relevant Supervisory Authority. A list of Supervisory Authorities is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you need further assistance regarding your rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us using the contact information provided below and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law. In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process Personal Information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
Your Rights in Respect of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps intended to ensure that your Personal Information we collect is accurate, complete, and current by using the most recent information provided to us.
For our Services and advertising, the following describes your options for managing the various types of cookies used by SPORTZPEAK in connection with our Services:
- Required Cookies: Required cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of our Services to function. Because required cookies are essential to operate our Services, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
- Functionality Cookies: Functionality cookies allow us to analyze your use of our Services to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on our Services. For example, remembering information you have entered or choices you make, displaying more personal features, or providing us information about how our Services are used. To learn more about how to control functionality cookies using your browser settings, please see aboutcookies.org.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies are used to show you ads that are more relevant to you. We may share this information with advertisers or use it to better understand your interests. For example, advertising cookies may be used to share data with advertisers so that the ads you see are more relevant to you, or allow you to share certain pages with social networks. To learn more about these and other advertising networks and your ability to opt out of collection by certain third parties, please visit the opt-out pages of the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
Consistent with the federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requiring parental consent. Any person who provides his or her personal information to us through our Services represents that he or she is older than 12 years of age.
Changes and Updates
We may occasionally update this policy. When we do, we will also revise the "last updated" date at the top of this policy. For new users, such changes will become effective upon posting. For existing users, the changes and updates will become effective 30 days after posting and where appropriate may be notified to you by email. We encourage you to review this policy periodically to stay informed about our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
How to Contact Us